GBV and C190 Campaigns and Awareness-raising Activities by IDWF Affiliates in all Regions
GBV and C190 Campaigns
and Awareness-raising Activities by IDWF Affiliates in all Regions
- Members meetings, workshops and forums in over 10 countries
- Radio & social media information dissemination
- Dialogue with government ministers, members of parliaments;
- Alliance building with trade unions, the ILO, etc.
- Participating at regional meeting
- Handling cases including legal action against employers perpetrators, and
- Mobilization for rallies on the International Day Against VAM
A summary of the Gender-based Violence activities in Asia.
3/ Latin America
Advocacy activities, campaigns and actions against GBV in Latin America (Last 6 Months)
The IUF – European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions (EFFAT) at its 5th Congress on November 6 -7 adopted the Recommendations to protect workers from sexual harassment and violence.
It makes concrete recommendation for actions such as awareness raising and inclusion of C190 in collective bargaining. Above all, it highlights the need for developing “protocols and train law enforcement officials on how to respond to domestic workers’ complaints appropriately, and how to investigate and collect evidence in such case.” Read more >>>
Among the EFFAT affiliates, 7 are IDWF affiliates including the ACVCSC Service Union in Belgium and FILCAMS in Italy.
The IDWF is doing a research in on violence and harassment faced by domestic workers in Kuwait, Jordan and Lebanon. The research aims at assessing the legal framework and positions of NGOs on Gender-Based Violence faced by domestic workers in Lebanon, Kuwait and Jordan. The result will provide recommendations for advocacy for the domestic workers groups in the future.