Advocacy activities, campaigns and actions against GBV in Latin America (Last 6 Months)
Red de Mujeres Empleadas del Hogar
(Women Household Worker Network)
On November 6, as part of the #loQueTienenQueHacer (#whathastobedone) campaign, the Women Household Worker Network, with the support of the United Nations, presented a study by CNDDH and CESAS before the Guerrero State Congress in Mexico.
Campaign in radio and social networks against violence and harassment in the labor market, and for the ratification of Convention 190 of ILO.
FETRADOMOV is performing an active dissemination, advocacy and awareness-raising campaign for the ratification of Convention 190 of ILO in Nicaragua. This campaign includes several actions:
• Alliances with different labor unions.
• Presence in communication media.
• Work meetings among affiliates.
• Advocacy before the Labor Ministry (MITRAB).
• Educational workshops and fairs.
• Participation in regional meetings about GBV.
- National meeting of the work and coordination team for the “Marcha de las Mariposas” (March of Butterflies) that shall occur in Santo Domingo on November 24, on the eve of International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- Forum on violence and harassment in the labor market, and on the ratification of Convention 190.
ATH, SINTRADOMES-CASC y UNFETRAH
Meeting of the CIMTRA (Inter-Union Committee for Women Workers) representatives with the Ministry of Labor to promote the ratification of Convention 190. The following three Dominican Household Women Worker Organizations were present: ATH, SINTRADOMES-CASC and UNFETRAH.
UNFETRAH y FENAMUTRA
- On September 12, the National Federation for Women Workers (FENAMUTRA) participated from the Empowerment Forum of Convention 190 and Recommendation 206 of ILO.
- On September 27, the workshop “Algo se está cocinando. ¿Qué será? Convenio 189 y 190 de la ILO” (“Something is cooking. What is it? Convention 189 and 190 of ILO”), in the Brisas del Este sector, where the organization trained participants and shared cooking recipes.
- Workshop on gender equality “Comprometidos con la Igualdad” (“Committed to Equality”), held at the Felipe Vallese School of Arts and Crafts at the University of Lanús. Students from the UPACP School participated, as well as workers from the labor union and university students.
- UPACP’s participation in a local project promoted “Spotlight”, a global initiative of the UN and the European Union to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls.
Meeting with the head of the Panama Office of Gender and Equal Employment Opportunities (MITRADEL) regarding the necessity to ratify Convention 190.
Awareness and sensibilization campaigns on GBV in schools.
- Work sessions with affiliates on violence in the workplace and diffusion of Convention 190.
- Advocacy actions with the Vice Minister of Labor regarding Convention 190.
- Advocacy actions with the private sector, in conjunction with the Movement of Women from Autonomous and Global Labor Unions.
- Advocacy incidence with government institutions.
IPROFOTH, FENTRAHOGARP Y CCTH
Coordination meetings with other organizations (over 2000 women) with regards to the march that shall occur in Lima on November 23 for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. IPROFOTH shall carry posters requesting the Government to promptly ratify Convention 190.