Middle East and North Africa Region: Program Officer (Full Time)
The International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) seeks to hire a Program Officer to strengthen the organizations of the IDWF affiliates (domestic workers’ organizations/groups) in the Mena Region to achieve labour rights and decent work for migrant domestic workers.
Join us and contribute to actions for improving the lives of millions of domestic workers around the world.
Main Roles and responsibilities:
The Program Officer supports the Regional Coordinator of the MENA region in the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs in the region and reports to her/him regularly. Specifically, she/he is expected
- To promote knowledge-sharing among domestic workers leaders
- To promote Education platform for domestic workers unions in the region
- To lead regional thematic digital campaigns on key priorities for unions
- Tooversee logistics preparation for regional workshops, forums and gatherings
- To assist in project management tasks
- To gather information and data for concepts notes, project proposals and project reporting
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid understanding of anti-oppression methodologies, gender-based violence, womens’ rights, and workers’ rights
- Knowledge of trade unionism, and migrant domestic workers issues in the region
- Strong communication and people’s skills to interact effectively with migrant domestic workers unions and groups
- Familiarity with community/labor organizing and grassroots processes
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in working directly with women’s and migrants workers groups
- Experienced in organizing events and logistics preparation for trade union gatherings
- Ability to problem solving and troubleshooting in event preparation.
- Team player oriented yet able to work independently
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Good command in Arabic and French is a plus
- Ability to travel across the Mena Region
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of practical skills on project (including financial) management and reporting on
Working hours and location
- 40 hours per week, able to work a flexible schedule, e.g. during evening, weekends and public holiday, subject to the scheduling of activities and needs of organizations.
- his position is to work remotely based in the country where the person resides but within the Mena Region
- The Program Officer works closely and reports directly to the Regional Coordinator
- The position requires travels to countries within the region more or less 4 times a year.
Please send a resume (with relevant experience for the position) and cover letter indicating your availability, current and expected salary, why you want to join IDWF and how you would be an asset to our team. Please send your application in English via email to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: 21st April 2023
(All personal data will be treated in strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purpose only.)