Domestic Workers have the right to a decent and safe work environment.
Join our campaign and take care of those who take care of you.
Your commitment is essential!”
With the purpose of helping to improve working and occupational safety and health conditions of domestic workers, it was deemed necessary to develop a guide – aimed at both employers and workers – with guidance and recommendations to eliminate, prevent, and reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19 and other hazards associated with daily household chores during the pandemic, especially in the context of returning to activities after social distancing or suspension of the employment relationship.
- To guide domestic workers and those who employ them on preventive measures against the contagion of COVID-19 and other risks associated with the pandemic, within the framework of the return to work activities due to the progressive lifting of restrictions and confinement measures.
- To promote social dialogue and negotiation on occupational safety and health between domestic workers and their employers.
- To offer guidelines and promote safe and healthy work practices, both physically and psychosocially, from a human and labour rights perspective for domestic workers.
Everything you need to know to prevent occupational risks and accidents is in our Health and Safety Guide for Domestic Workers and Employers. We recommend you download it here:
- English: COVID-19 Guidance for occupational safety and health for employers and domestic workers.pdf
- Spanish: Guía de orientaciones de Seguridad y Salud en el Trabajo frente a la COVID-19 para personas empleadoras y trabajadoras del hogar.pdf
- Portuguese: Guia de orientações de segurança e saúde no trabalho diante da COVID-19 para pessoas empregadoras e trabalhadoras do lar POR.pdf