Latin America –
The International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) seeks to hire a Program Officer to strengthen the organizations of the IDWF affiliates (domestic workers’ organizations/trade unions) in Latin America to achieve labour rights and decent work for domestic workers.
Join us and contribute to actions for improving the lives of millions of domestic workers around the world.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced in organizing large regional events and logistics preparation for trade union gatherings
- Leadership and ability to problem solving and troubleshooting in events preparation
- Strong communication and people’s skills to interact effectively with affiliated domestic workers unions
- Team player oriented yet able to work independently as well
- Knowledge of trade unionism, and domestic workers issues in the region.
- Familiarity with community/labor organizing and grassroots processes
- Solid understanding of anti-oppression methodologies, gender based violence, womens’ rights, and workers rights
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and good command in English, both oral and written.
- Ability and desire to travel (4 times a year approximately)
- At least 3 years relevant working experience, ideally, in working directly with women’s and workers groups
Main Roles and responsibilities:
- To lead logistics preparation for regional and subregional workshops, forums and gatherings 3 -4 times a year to promote knowledge-sharing among domestic workers leaders
- To promote Education and Communications platform for domestic workers unions in the region
- To lead internal and external communication systems for the region. This includes developing a monthly newsletter for affiliates and exploring other communications platforms for exchange sharing among domestic workers leaders such as podcasts.
- To lead regional thematic digital campaigns on key priorities for unions
- To run short trainings with domestic workers to build their capacity to convey their points into compelling arguments for union organizing and advocacy
- To liaise with IDWF global communications team to highlight workers stories and to support leaders participation in global webinars
- To assist in project management tasks to regional team members and global project officer
- To support the Regional Coordinator in gathering information and data for concepts notes, project proposals and project reporting
- The Program Officer works closely with another regional Program Officer and Regional Coordinator and reports directly to the Regional Coordinator.
Working hours and location
- 40 hours per week, able to work a flexible schedule, e.g. during evening, weekends and public holiday, subject to the scheduling of activities and needs of organizations.
- This position is to work remotely based in the country where the person resides but within the Latin America region
- The position requires travels to countries within the region more or less 3-4 times a year.
Please send a resume (with relevant experience for the position) and cover letter indicating your availability, current and expected salary, why you want to join IDWF and how you would be an asset to our team. Please send your application in English and Spanish via email to [email protected].
Deadline to apply:
31st January 2023