A joint Guide by the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC), International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) & ILO’s Global Action Programme on Migrant Domestic Workers and their Families (ILO-GAP).
This Guide aims to inspire and support domestic workers, their union and union activists and leaders to continue and strengthen their advocacy campaigns.
- The first chapter describes the path toward the adoption of C189.
- A brief history of the IDWF and its plans for the next years is provided in chapter 2.
- In the next chapter, we feature ITUC’s 12 + 12 campaign.
- Chapter 4 provides an overview of countries that have ratified C189 and adopted labour-law reforms since 16 June 2011.
- In Chapter 5, we present a number of advocacy campaigns which have paved the way to the rights and protections of domestic workers.
- Chapters 6 and 7 capture the key strategies to build advocacy campaigns and organise domestic workers.
- The Resources are listed in chapter 8 and include a list of our publications, links to social media – where you can share your story – and our contact information.