With the purpose of helping to improve working and occupational safety and health conditions of domestic workers, it was deemed necessary to develop a guide – aimed at both employers and workers – with guidance and recommendations to eliminate, prevent, and reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19 and other hazards associated with daily household chores during the pandemic, especially in the context of returning to activities after social distancing or suspension of the employment relationship.
- To guide domestic workers and those who employ them on preventive measures against the contagion of COVID-19 and other risks associated with the pandemic, within the framework of the return to work activities due to the progressive lifting of restrictions and confinement measures.
- To promote social dialogue and negotiation on occupational safety and health between domestic workers and their employers.
- To offer guidelines and promote safe and healthy work practices, both physically and psychosocially, from a human and labour rights perspective for domestic workers.
- COVID-19 Guidance for occupational safety and health for employers and domestic workers.pdf (English)
- Guía de orientaciones de Seguridad y Salud en el Trabajo frente a la COVID-19 para personas empleadoras y trabajadoras del hogar.pdf (Spanish)
- Guia de orientações de segurança e saúde no trabalho diante da COVID-19 para pessoas empregadoras e trabalhadoras do lar POR.pdf (Portuguese)