Global: International Domestic Workers Day 2016 June 16 - International Launch of the My Fair Home Campaign
International Domestic Workers Day June 16, 2016
International Launch of the My Fair Home Campaign
This year on June 16, the IDWF will launch the My Fair Home campaign internationally jointly with the My Fair Home champions:
- South African Domestic Services and Allied Workers Union (SADSAWU), South Africa
- Conservation, Hotel, Domestic and Allied Workers Union (CHODAWU), Tanzania
- Conservation Hotel Domestic and Allied Workers Union (CHODAWU-Z), Zanzibar
- Hong Kong Confederation of Trade Unions (HKCTU), Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Federation of Asian Domestic Workers Unions (FADWU), Hong Kong
- Konfederasi Serikat Pekerja Indonesia (KSPI), Indonesia
- Sentro ng mga Nagkakaisa at Progresibong Manggagawa (SENTRO), Philippines
- UNITED Domestic Workers of the Philippines (UNITED), Philippines
- European Federation of Trade Unions in the Food, Agriculture and Tourism (EFFAT), Belgium
- Centro de Apoyo y Capacitación para Empleadas del Hogar (CACEH), Mexico
The My Fair Home campaign was first started as a collaboration between the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) in 2015. It is part of the global campaign for the ratification of ILO Convention No. 189 on Decent Work for Domestic Workers by encouraging individuals to personally commit to the standards and ethics enshrined in the Convention.
This year, on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the C189, the My Fair Home champions launch the campaign among their union members who are employers of domestic workers to personally pledging their commitment to uphold the principles of the Convention in their own homes. Those who are our affiliates will encourage their members to talk to their employers to do the same.
As you hold activities to celebrate the International Domestic Workers Day this year, we encourage you to join the My Fair Home, to reach out to employers to build and expand the communities that support us.
The campaign is hosted through the International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) online portal.
Employers and those who wish to make the personal pledges, can do it at:
To view and download related resources:
Together with employers' allies,
we ensure My Fair Home for each and every one of us.
Story Type: News