"Meeting the needs of my family too": Maternity protection and work-family measures for domestic workers
Policy, Strategy or Plan
Refer to this policy brief if you want to find out more about how maternity protection and work-family policies should and can be provided for domestic workers.
As part of a series on domestic work, this Policy Brief:
- explains why maternity protection and work-family policies are relevant to promoting decent work for domestic workers and provides the ILO framework on these topics;
- canvasses the issues and gaps in the provision of maternity protection and promotion of work-family balance;
- presents some approaches to overcoming obstacles with reference to country experiences; and
- proposes policy considerations for concerned stakeholders.
Read online in PDF:
- ENGLISH: "Meeting the needs of my family too": Maternity protection and work-family measures for domestic workers
- SPAINISH: «Mi familia también me necesita» Protección de la maternidad y medidas de conciliación entre trabajo y vida familiar para las trabajadoras y los trabajadores domésticos