Building a Future with Decent Work: Youth Employment and Domestic Workers
Training Material, Guides, Organizing/Educational Materials
On the Domestic Workers Session:
The 2012 NGO Consultation aimed at offering an occasion for NGOs working for/with Domestic Workers to gather and share main concerns and difficulties encountered in their actions for the ratification of ILO Convention C189 and the effective recognition of Domestic Workers' rights.
I. Panel Discussion
1. Overview of the ratification process of ILO Convention on Decent Work of Domestic Workers
Speaker: Ms. Gloria Moreno Fontes (International Migration Programme – ILO)
2. Upcoming challenges for the involvement of Domestic Workers
Speaker: Ms. Elisabeth Tang (International Coordinator of IDWN)
3. Campaign and Guidelines of Cartias Internationalis
Speaker: Ms. Maria Suelzu (Caritas Internationalis)
II. Working Groups
Campaign for the ratification of the Convention
The participants were invited to split into two working groups, one working in English and the other in French.
- Broader alliances of national campaigns are needed in order to pressure the parliamentarians and other bodies concerned.
- Call for a Global Campaign: coordination and joint advocacy should be improved in order to undertake a global campaign including all actors concerned.